You may have things to do. Maybe it’s an important appointment, or you’re just doing errands. While you are heading outside but may still want to make sure you look good, so you take a peek in the mirror, and you notice something’s wrong. What happened? It’s probably not you, but the mirror itself. It has fingerprints and grime!
Cleaning a mirror is not an easy task. Even if the surface seems clean while you wipe it, streaks may appear after it dries. However, streak-free mirror cleaning is possible. Here are a few tips you can use next time you clean the mirrors!
1. Forget about using newspapers
There was a time when newspapers were a good choice for windows and mirrors. However, most of these papers are printed in a more cost-effective way. If you try to clean your mirror with a newspaper, you may spread residue from ink, or the paper itself will leave its fibers all over the mirror.
2. Don’t use paper towels either!
Paper towels are great for cleaning spills and soil on your furniture. However, in the case of mirror cleaning, you’ll also leave lint behind when wiping. Besides, they are disposable!
3. A microfiber cloth should be your main tool
Microfiber cloths are wonderful tools for cleaning your home, thanks to their softness and ease of use. And since microfiber doesn’t scratch surfaces easily or leave residue, they’re perfect for your windows.
4. Use a proper cleaning solution
All-purpose cleaning solutions may not be the right choice for the mirrors at home. Make sure you buy a window-cleaning spray. Another option is to make your own solution from scratch: a simple way to make it is to mix equal parts of distilled vinegar and water.
How to clean a mirror
Now that you know some tips, it’s time to clean that mirror! Cleaning a mirror is easier once you have the proper cleaning supplies. However, you also need a proper technique to leave your mirrors streak-free and spotless. Here is how you clean a mirror in five steps.
- Look out for the nastiest stains and smudges. Then, scrub them off using a damp cotton ball with rubbing alcohol.
- Spray a little bit of cleaning solution on the mirror, not the cloth. It should be just a thin mist.
- Fold the microfiber cloth twice, so you can have a few layers to clean with.
- Wipe your way through the mirror by starting from the top and on the left side, then go to the right, go down and left, forming a zigzag pattern.
- Look at the mirror and check for spots, then spray the cloth a little and clean gently. Now you’re done!
Do you need a hand with the cleaning?
Keeping the mirror clean is just one of the many things you can do to have a perfect home. However, Calmaids can give you a hand with your remaining cleaning tasks! We only hire the best, so you can be sure your home is in good hands.
Book online now! You’re just 60 seconds away from a spotless home!